Can autoantibodies against glutamine synthetase and/or glutamate dehydrogenase cause glutamate metabolism disorders?

Dr. Edward Kuhnley
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Still searching

Glutamine synthase is part of the glutamine synthetase family.
Ammonia incorporation in animals occurs through the actions of glutamate dehydrogenase and glutamine synthase. Glutamate plays the central role in mammalian nitrogen flow, serving as both a nitrogen donor and nitrogen acceptor. I am unble to find references in my search so far as to autoantibodies to these but see comment.

In brief: Still searching

Dr. Edward Kuhnley
Autoantibodies to glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) are implicated in diabetes mellitus type 1, stiff person syndrome.