I had my period for two weeks then it stopped now I have it again there is no pain but there is both red blood and brown discharge.I'm sexually active

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Irregular periods

Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat.
If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections ; hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit.

In brief: Irregular periods

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Hector Chapa

In brief: Needs eval

Hello. A cycle lasting 2 weeks is called heavy menstrual bleeding and is not normal.
Additionally, it may put you at risk for anemia. Infections of the uterus (endometritis), uterine polyps or fibroids, or hormone issues could cause it. Normally, the 1st thing to check is a urine preg test! Then, an MD needs to order some blood tests for you and even a vaginal sonogram. Not serious, but needs eval

In brief: Needs eval

Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Jane Van Dis