Why are my testicles swelling after my hernia surgery?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Post Hernia repair

When you have hernia repair there is trauma to the tissues and surrounding tissue.
This trauma leads to swelling and even possibly some edema and pain. Post operative swelling and pain should subside quickly. This sounds normal so far.

In brief: Post Hernia repair

In brief: Common scrotal

The tissue planes from inguinal to scrotum have some commonality.
Usually the swelling on the side of repair and some tightening of tissue with congestion. If bilateral, were both sides fixed? Rest, elevate scrotum, ice if suggested by your surgeon. If a lot call and see surgeon. Bleeding and hematoma can occur.

In brief: Common scrotal

Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery