My 6 year old daughter has had a cold for two weeks and she coughs up mucus and she has had a high fever up to at least 104 and chills. Cold or flu?

In brief: Time for a visit

This may well have started out as a cold or other minor problem.However, a persistence of 2 wks and a 104 fever suggests the possibility of pneumonia.
I would have her seen by her doc within 24 hrs. Concentrate on hydration for now.

In brief: Time for a visit

Dr. Tanya Russo

In brief: Not a cold!

Colds and flu (viral infections) usually last less than a week in children.
Prolonged symptoms, especially when associated with high fevers, is strongly suggestive of a bacterial process such as pneumonia, bronchitis, sinusitis and others. Prompt evaluation and treatment would be wise!

In brief: Not a cold!

In brief: Possibly flu

get a flu test to rule out the flu and get checked out

In brief: Possibly flu

Dr. Steven Seres