Had PETscan showing no more thyroid cancer. Dr says not accurate since my TSH was only. 02 and shouldve been 30 for test. Did I waste my time and $?

No cancer. Best way to know whether lesion of thyroid had recurred is head and neck exam. If nothing palpable in neck and PET scan neg which confirms no lesion being missed in neck or chest then there is no recurrence. A high TSH suggests all normal functioning thyroid removed and body via Pituitary trying to regrow any rmaining thyroid tissue. The TSH is not an indicator of malignancy.