Good evening doctor. My partner of 4 years and I recently went to get tested for stds and he came up positive for chlamydia. I came out negative. He swears it's only been me for 4 years. Is there a possibility that the test could've been a false positive?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: False Positive

No test is 100%. There will be false positives and false negatives.
You can always get another test. That being said, if you both have been monogamous for the past 4 years why the tests? Just food for thought. Additionally, if you have had antibiotics recently it could gave cured any infection you had. Remember men usually have no symptoms.

In brief: False Positive

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham