Hey do I need to get my mirena (levonorgestrel) taken out? I thought not having a period was apart of the birth control

Mirena (levonorgestrel) How long have you had the Mirena (levonorgestrel)? If it was recently placed, as with all progesterone only contraception, abnormal bleeding, meaning bleeding every day or no bleeding at all or anything in between is a side effect. No bleeding in your case is a side effect and truly not something to have the iud removed over. Enjoy not having to deal with a period!