I have a cold sore that mostly healed. I shared a fork w/ my boyfriend & had oral sex, receiving. Is it a possibly he could have got/spread the virus?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No significant risk

Oral herpes is transmitted only by contacting someone with your mouth, i.
e. by kissing or performing oral sex. In theory maybe by utensils and shared drinking glasses, but this is rare. Contact with your genital area connot transmit it unless you also have genital herpes. Also a "mostly healed" sore probably is no longer infectious, but in future best avoid all contact until totally healed.

In brief: No significant risk

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
I have learned much from DR Hansfield's writings over the years. THANKS
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Not likely

Most people already have hsv1 virus in a nerve in their face.
Only a few have any symptoms, so he is probably already infected and will notice nothing. While you may be shedding virus at any time, there is much less when healing. The oral sex (receiving) is not a factor. A prescription pill is very effective and very safe to prevent or treat the cold sores. You need to take it at the first tinglin

In brief: Not likely

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Adam Levy