On Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD for 2 years. Got removed 2/4/15 - When should I expect my period to return? I didn't have it the whole time with IUD.

Dr. Roger Duvivier

In brief: A bit hard to tell

The hormone in Mirena (levonorgestrel) was responsible for stopping your periods for the past 2 years while preventing you from getting pregnant.
Most healthy women will experience some vaginal bleeding and/or resume their usual menstrual cycles within 2 to 3 months after. A few may take longer. Be safe though. Consult your gynecologist regarding ways to tell when/if you have started ovulating normally again too.

In brief: A bit hard to tell

Dr. Roger Duvivier
Dr. Roger Duvivier
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham