I was doing the hamstring leg curl exercise when suddenly I felt a sharp pain near my groin area. It almost felt like testicular pain. Is it sciatica?

In brief: More like Groinatica

You likely stretched your inguinal ligament OR you may have stretched one of your upper lumbar nerves in the that can shoot pain into that area due to the way you were doing the exercise.
You may need REST & to back off of the weights. Go LIGHT coming back (real light), ramp up to heavier weights slowly to avoid the same injury. Time to consolidate something like this can be SEVERAL WEEKS.

In brief: More like Groinatica

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Eric Weisman