I have vaginal exterior pain that occurs a bit during and mostly after sex. I have taken monistat but the symptoms return. Urinating burns after sex.

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Weekly fluconazole?

These symptoms sound like a yeast infection, which is supported by the temporary improvement you have had with miconozole cream (Monistat®).
Persistent or recurrent yeast infections often can be prevented by a single dose of fluconazole (Diflucan®) by mouth once a week. Contact your doctor about giving it a try. S/he may first want to see you first to confirm the diagnosis.

In brief: Weekly fluconazole?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. William Coutts ii

In brief: Doctors visit

You need to make an appointment with your regular doctor for a pelvic exam and get a clean catch, mid stream urine specimen to find out what is going on with you and get treated.
Best wishes.

In brief: Doctors visit

Best wishes.
Dr. William Coutts ii
Dr. William Coutts ii
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham