I have a piece of gum hanging from the front of my tooth after I cut it while flossing about 2 years ago. It is not going down and it is still rising?

Gum damage. After two years the damaged tissue is not going to self-resolve. See a specialist Periodontist for treatment. A gum specialist is the dental specialist best trained and experienced to correct your problem.
Gum swelling? Hello, without seeing a picture of how your gums look I would guess that you got something stuck inside your gums. If you get bleeding now when you floss then it's very likely something is lodged underneath. You can gently floss again now to see if you can dislodge anything or try to rinse with salt water focusing on the front area. See a dentist if there is no improvement in a day or so.