Had a sore throat for a week. At base of throat and muscle in back of neck sore. Tonsil has a red line. skin under tongue feels like it was cut. Bad?

In brief: Doctor can check

A doctor should evaluate a throat that has been sore for 1 week.
An infection such as a cold should have almost healed up by then. Allergies would cause noticeable mucus drip down the throat. Strep throat can be the cause, and would need antibiotics like amoxicillin or azithromycin. A doctor can look to see what is going on, plus to a test for strep throat.

In brief: Doctor can check

Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: Strep ?

I think it might be a good idea to take some penicillin if this is not improving, but if you are getting better, push clear fluids, get good sleep, and have your throat examined by a doc in 2-3 days

In brief: Strep ?

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine