I'm 28. Had ankle surgery 3 wks ago. My foot & toes get swollen. When swelling goes down, toes look wrinkled. How do I get rid of wrinkles? Permanent?

Dr. Daniel Calloway
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Postop swelling

Swelling of the soft tissues after surgery is normal.
The swelling can be minimized by limitation of activities, avoidance of overhydration, elevation of the affected extremity, and a compression stocking. Swelling is usually the best upon arising in the morning, and worse at the end of the day. Once the swelling has resolved, the toes will return to a normal appearance.

In brief: Postop swelling

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Should resolve

On own once swelling goes away for good.

In brief: Should resolve

Dr. Josef Geldwert
The wrinkled will disappear once the swelling goes down. If your ankle continues to swell an ankle compression sock will help control it.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Not permanent

When healing is complete and swelling is gone the wrinkles will disappear.

In brief: Not permanent