How long after the Mirena (levonorgestrel) is removed will I get my period and start ovulating?

It depends. Mirena (levonorgestrel) suppresses the endometrial lining of your uterus. It does not fully suppress ovulation every month. Once it is removed, return to regular cycles can happen very quickly usually within 4 to 6 weeks. If there is no cycle after six weeks of having it removed, you may want to seek a physician's opinion or at least check a home preg test. Irregular periods after Mirena (levonorgestrel) are not related to it. .