My gf had a cold sore on her lips and all the time I was kissing her when I made a herpes blood test it came out IgG postive IgM negative?

Not to worry. Cold sores are caused by herpes virus but the majority of people in the us have been infected & many never get cold sores (even though once you get it it stays in your body). Your test shows you were got herpes long ago but have no sign of recent exposure. You can't catch it from your girlfriend because you already have it. However, she could spread it to your genital region so take precautions!