Seen 2 Drs about a groin lump. Both said it was a reactive node. How long will the swelling last? 3rd week now. Still worrying about cancer.

Dr. Sameh Abuerreish
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Lymph node enlarged

In general lumps in the groin can be present and up to 1.
5 or 2 cm in size. They are generally reactive but low grade lymphomas ( lymph node cancer ) can present like this. It is however a condition that we generally watch and don't jump into treatment. I 'd wait for another week , if the node is growing then I will recommend removing it as a a biopsy. for now your 2 doctors are correct .

In brief: Lymph node enlarged

Dr. Sameh Abuerreish
Dr. Sameh Abuerreish
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Not worth worry

Unless your lymph node is growing in size and it gets bigger than 1-2 cm over the next 1,2 or 3 months, you have no reasons to worry about.
There is no medical condition associated with a "reactive" lymph node. It is a vague and nonspecific term. So I would ignore it unless it changes in size which is not going to happen in 1,2 or 3 weeks time.

In brief: Not worth worry

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha

In brief: Sometimes as

long as several weeks to months, depending upon how long it takes to treat the underlying inflammatory or infectious problem. Cancerous lymph nodes have a peculiar induration and enlargement, so your doctors are relying upon their clinical experience when they tell you that it is not malignant.

In brief: Sometimes as

Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery