I have issues with my l4 l5 and s1 I also have sacroilits,scoliosis and now developing neropothy in my legs.any segestions on treatment.no MRI yet....

Dr. Patrick Kohlitz

In brief: Back pain

Back pain secondary to the above changes you are describing can be tough to deal with.
Keeping active and performing daily stretching exercises usually helps - other patients experience relief with Tylenol (acetaminophen) and ibuprofen. Lastly, referral to a spine specialist for consideration of a brace or surgical intervention may be appropriate.

In brief: Back pain

Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Await MRI

MRI will give much more information about the specific cause of your pain, and then you can discuss the options for treatment with a spine specialist.

In brief: Await MRI

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Brent Clyde
Neurosurgery

In brief: Hard to know w/o MRI

Honestly, it is really very hard to know that it is even at L4/5 without an MRI.
I assume you maybe had one in the past (?) based on your described diagnosis of scoliosis and sacroiliitis. Neuropathy is not usually from scoliosis or even L4/5 disc disease, so you might have something else. I would recommend an MRI of the lumbar spine without contrast if you really want to know for sure about L4/5.

In brief: Hard to know w/o MRI

Dr. Brent Clyde
Dr. Brent Clyde
Dr. Peter Kurzweil