I have fibromyalgia and started taking seizures my doc prescibed me resperidone and my pcp nerontin and now kolopin. Can resipodone make seizures wors?

Dr. Brian Flyer

In brief: Seizures

Risperidone is associated with a slight increased risk for having seizures.
So, it needs to be used cautiously in your case. Also, Neurontin is not approved for fibromyalgia; Lyrica (pregabalin) a similar medication is approved and works.

In brief: Seizures

Dr. Brian Flyer
Dr. Brian Flyer
Dr. Chad Boomershine
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Yes! Definitely

Risperidone can definitely make seizures worse.
From the prescribing information for risperidone: use with caution in patients at risk of seizures, including those with a history of seizures, head trauma, brain damage, alcoholism, or concurrent therapy with medications which may lower seizure threshold. Elderly patients in particular may be at increased risk of seizures. Talk to your doctor!

In brief: Yes! Definitely

Dr. Chad Boomershine
Dr. Chad Boomershine
Dr. Eric Weisman