I think I have binge eating disorder. What can I do to get help?

Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Understanding BED...

Binge eating disorder is treatable through therapy (and sometimes in conjunction with a dietitian) .
In treatment people learn what is eating "at" them instead of focusing on what they're eating. Bingeing is often a way of numbing, distracting or expressing internal conflict. Therapy helps you identify internal triggers and conflicts, and find new ways to cope. There is hope!

In brief: Understanding BED...

Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Dr. Nina Savelle-rocklin
Dr. Gregory Goldman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Get assessed

An eating disorders specialist (generally a licensed psychologist) can go through your eating habits with you and establish whether you have this condition.
If so, the same person can treat you for it.

In brief: Get assessed

Dr. Gregory Goldman
Dr. Gregory Goldman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham