My shunt valve feels heavy is this normal? It doesn't normally feel like this and I've had headaches twice now my shunt side head is very tight why?

Dr. Charles Harvey
Neurosurgery

In brief: Headache

Shunts are too subtle and complex to diagnose with online questions and answers! If you have a shunt for hydrocephalus and a change in your headaches, seek medical attention.
Headaches, nausea, vomiting, excessive sleepiness, neck pain, or even coma or death can result from shunt malfunction. Significant symptoms may require a CT or MRI, or a trip to the hospital!!

In brief: Headache

Dr. Charles Harvey
Dr. Charles Harvey
Dr. Eric Weisman