Can I freely use high doses of combination of OTC antihistamines which seem to relieve extreme dryness of nostrils accompanying my chronic sinusitis?

Dr. Justin Greiwe
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Within Reason

I'm not sure what you mean by high doses of OTC antihistamines, but if you are only using antihistamines to treat your allergy symptoms you are not utilizing all available treatments.
The gold-standard therapy for chronic sinus issues are nasal steroid sprays and/or antihistamine nasal sprays. Nasal saline rinses and an in-room humidifier help dryness but only if you are not allergic to dust mites

In brief: Within Reason

Dr. Justin Greiwe
Dr. Justin Greiwe
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine