My 3 yr old daughter has a bite on back of ankle, is very swollen and red mark is spreading, bite area has a weird scab, quite worried.

Dr. Julan Crane

In brief: Bite infection

Sounds like tit could be a skin infection so please see a doctor today as she may need an antibiotic.

In brief: Bite infection

Dr. Jason Campbell

In brief: Probable Cellulitis

I would recommend that you take her in to be seen by a healthcare provider. The swelling and spreading of redness near this suspected bite causes concern for cellulitis or skin infection and thus she will probably need antibiotic treatment.
In addition, the weird scab you mention could also give clues to the cause of the wound and this may be important in treatment. The infection could spread.

In brief: Probable Cellulitis

Dr. Cindy Juster