Hi im pregnant in my first trimester and have a uti i have penicillin 500mg and clindamycin 300mg can i take either one?

Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla

In brief: See your doctor

You need to see a doctor for treatment whether pregnant or not.
Choosing medication you have at home is not the right decision. It is also very important while pregnant to consult your doctor before taking any medication

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Meds for UTI

you might have better luck with the penicillin as far as antibiotic coverage for a UTI.
Both medications are pregnancy category B (in the US) so both would be safe I just think you would get better coverage with the penicillin. BUT you might want to have your urine tested and cultured to make sure you actually have an infection and whatever is/might be growing is sensitive to penicillin

In brief: Meds for UTI

Dr. Jane Van Dis