I take metoprolol 25mg every night for BP and palps for a week now .Was prescribed Xanax (alprazolam) 25mg but only take half as needed for anxiety .Is this safe ?

Dr. Paul Pyles
Addiction Medicine

I think you meant Xanax (alprazolam) 0.
25mg as the dose. You said it was prescribed. Yes it is safe for you to take. Talk with your doctor about your treatment options. Be sure to follow your doctor's advice about the use of Xanax (alprazolam). It does have a risk for addiction. Do not combine it with alcohol or sedating medicine. Be careful about driving while on the medication. Best wishes!

I think you meant Xanax (alprazolam) 0.
Dr. Paul Pyles
Dr. Paul Pyles
Dr. Eric Weisman