I had a dry socket from a tooth extraction that was packed by a dentist with dry socket paste, now the paste has dissolved. Is pain normal after this?

Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Go Back ForA Re-Pack

I wouldn't be worried by a little bit of pain or sensitivity to hot or cold, but if it's bad, or ramps-up to bad, it will need to be re-packed and made sure there is no infection, especially if there is increasing swelling.
In the meantime, Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Motrin and avoid foods with tiny particles or seeds. Rinse frequently. But get back to your dentist ASAP.

In brief: Go Back ForA Re-Pack

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
It's not uncommon for a dry socket to need to be packed more than once.
Dr. Marsha Davis