I took a shower yesterday and water got in my right ear. Today my ear is very sucked up. I can't hear. And I also have a cold. How do I relieve this?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Treat the cold

drainage from the middle ear is likely impaired due to the swelling of the back of your throat.
The swelling is caused by the cold you are experiencing. However, I would not advise you on an antibiotic yet- Trying an over- the- counter decongestant may help. Go to your neighborhood drug store and ask your local pharmacist- he or she can suggest to you an appropriate decongestant.

In brief: Treat the cold

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. William Forsythe