How long does swelling last with a sprain? Sprained foot 4 days ago. Swelling still the same and bruising beginning to show. Xrays were negative.

In brief: A while

I am not sure if you have compression applied to the sprain.
If not you need it. Remember this with almost any injury RICE... Rest Ice Compress Elevate Usually this will take about 2-3 weeks to heal, but I would ask the doctor to apply at least ace wrap to your foot. See a podiatrist.

In brief: A while

Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Sanjay Patel
Podiatry

In brief: Swelling

post ankle sprain can last a few weeks depending on its severity.
If you have brusing, you may have some ligament damage and they will heal over time. Support your ankle by bracing it and elevate your foot.

In brief: Swelling

Dr. Sanjay Patel
Dr. Sanjay Patel
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine