What is cortical dysplasia? I was diagnoised with it and it was origionally thought to be a brain tumor after several mri tests they said it was this

Born with it. Cortical dysplasia is when a small island of gray matter is out of place in the white matter layer of the brain, seen on MRI. It can be mistaken for a benign brain tumor. It happens during development of the brain, and usually causes no trouble. Rarely it can cause seizures, which can be treated with medicine. VERY rarely surgery is done to remove it if seizures are hard to control.