I have varicocel so can I do heavy workouts like lifting weights ?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

This shouldn't affect your workouts.
Be sure to wear a good supporting brief or supporter.

This shouldn't affect your workouts.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Michael Yu
Urology

Just make sure you wear adequate support, and make sure you examine yourself at least on a monthly basis (you should, to check for testicular cancer, in any case).
If the varicocele enlarges to a point where you have discomfort/pain, or if there are fertility problems, then you might require surgical correction. Check with your doctor if you have concerns.

Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Yes, you can...

The presence of varicocele shouldn't prevent you from participating in heavy workouts like lifting weights as long as you're free of its potentially related symptoms such as dull pressure and pain.

In brief: Yes, you can...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine