I have a high level of calcium and hyperparathyroidism. I go see an endocrinologist in a week. The reason I went to see my Dr is because I have very heavy periods and was taking the Depo shot but stopped. Could any of these symptoms cause heavy periods?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Parathyroid

It is unlikely that an overactive parathyroid would have an effect on your periods.
With your high calcium and parathyroid levels you should have any parathyroid nodules surgically removed. Recovery is usually early and straightforward. You may be in the hospital for 24 hours after surgery. That would be a good day for a gynecologist to see you in the hospital about your periods. Wish you well!

In brief: Parathyroid

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Not Related

Yoour High Calcium Level and Hyperparathyroidism and heavy periods are not related I will recommend you follow up with your Endocrinologist as at the age of 36 you are a candidate for Parathyroid Surgery For heavy periods you consult your Gynecologist as well

In brief: Not Related

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Adam Levy