I have trouble sleeping and a doctor prescribed me to take 2 10mg adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine). I'm asleep by ppm now. How does this work?

Good question . Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is a stimulant and usually keeps people awake. Stimulants are often used to treat narcolepsy in adults (a condition in which people often fall asleep). Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is also used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder. In children, the stimulants can cause sedation. It is possible for this medication to cause you to get drowsy and to sleep.