Can a large eye floater affect peripheral vision in a visual field test.

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

Visual field testing will occasionally pickup small areas of visual field depressions if the floater is particularly large and thick, as some patients may have.
Since they move, a repeat visual field should also show the depression to have moved. I would not however expect a large visual field abnormality from a floater and certainly l recommend an exam to rule out any problems by an eye md.

Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: No expected

No. This would not seem to be an expected dynamic.
Is this what you were told or is this your idea? I am not an opthamologist and we will have to see if one has an opinion about this matter. I will ask for a consult for you.

In brief: No expected