I have been on Benicar (olmesartan) HCT for several years. Can you tell me more about this FDA Roadmap Study as it relates to Benicar (olmesartan) and increased risk of cardiovascular death?

Unclear . This was one of many trials that have been conducted with Benicar (olmesartan) which showed a slight increase in mortality among "high risk" diabetic patients (as compared to placebo patients). That said, there was a lot of criticism of these findings - and when additional studies were conducted - the same results were not replicated. Here's a great article: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827288.