Car accident 2 days ago. Soft tissue damage the er doc said. Now my neck is cracking and popping when I turn my head. Back hurts all over.pain walking?

Dr. Zach Patrick
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Normal

This is a common issue after a car wreck, especially if you were rear ended or hit straight on.
There is no worry from popping and cracking noises in the joints. The pain all over is due to muscle spasm of the back from the impact. Use ice to the areas that hurt and ibuprofen (if not allergic). If there is a specific spot that seems to hurt out of proportion with the rest see your doctor.

In brief: Normal

Dr. Zach Patrick
Dr. Zach Patrick
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine