I have been put on Avelox for 5 days by a doctor in your network for acute bronchitis and a sinus infection. Shouldn't I be on it longer?

Probably enough. Five days of Avelox is probably enough. If you feel significantly better after taking it for 5 days, but then start feeling sick again within a few days, then that may indicate that the course was not long enough or that the germs causing the infection are resistant to Avelox. Resistance to Avelox is not likely as it is a newer antibiotic and not widely used. Hope you feel better.