Fusion at L3 L4 lateral herni at L5 moderate bulge l5s1 mild bilat neural foraminal exit stenos should L4 L5 s1 all be fused at this point ? Help pl

Dr. Michael Santoro
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Surgical risks

It sounds like you have chronic back pain, and that surgery(ies) have not been helpful.
The problem with MRI scans of the spine is that they are good at identifying structural changes but do not let us know what is causing the pain. The changes you note on the MRI are common age associated changes. I suggest you see a physical medicine & rehab doctor (non-surgeon) who specializes in the spine.

In brief: Surgical risks

Dr. Michael Santoro
Dr. Michael Santoro
Dr. Crystal Twynham