Do I have genital herpes?! I have no bumps but my vulva is bright red and itches like crazy. This is the second time since I've had sex.

Dr. Georgia Latham

In brief: Probably not herpes

Vaginal itching and vulva redness is more likely due to a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, or trichomonasis.
Herpes can cause itching but more likely to be painful also. The lesions of herpes are more like blisters or open sores than bumps. The best way to determine what is causing the problem is to have it evaluated by a doctor who can then provide proper treatment.

In brief: Probably not herpes