Ended my period, and am experiencing a bright red spotting for a few days now, with the same consistency as discharge. Is it linked to ovarian cysts?

Irregular bleeding. Irregular bleeding is one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections ; hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit.