Unilateral low leg swelling w/ distended non varicose vein. Leg throbs after walking up stairs. General squeeze feeling. ABI neg. Is this arterial?

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Leg Pain

Your symptoms do not sound like they are arterial.
Pain walking up stairs often times is muscular or joint related. Leg swelling is not typical of an arterial problem and I doubt that the distended vein is the cause of your problem. You should see an orthopedic doctor and also have a venous ultrasound.

In brief: Leg Pain

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi

In brief: May thurner

many possible reasons.
Abi being normal would eliminate arterial disease and usually not swelling. An ultrasound should be used to rule out a deep venous thrombosis. May thrurner syndrome can occur if a clot or major artery sits on top of a vein causing venous swelling. Can occur in women. Hope this helps. Thank you for turning to health top.

In brief: May thurner

many possible reasons.
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery