Is it ok for a 6 year old girl to use deodorant? I've noticed that my daughters armpits smell quite strong. Is this normal?

The odor producing glands of the armpits are under the hormonal influence of the adrenal glands that sit atop the kidneys.
Their output is not directly tied to puberty & can sometime be active this early. There can also be some increase in darkness of genital and armpit hair by the same process. Do what is realistic.Nipple enlargement should be your 1st obvious sign of puberty.