How to get rid of melasma?

Pathology

In brief: Hydroquinone

Hydroquinone over-the-counter remedies are available, but you must be patient and stay out of the sun.
A dermatologist can offer stronger treatments. Be sure that this is what you want to do rather than something you think you should do or need to do -- it's your choice.

In brief: Hydroquinone

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Melasma

Melasma is usually hormonally related.
Using a combination of hydroquinone 4% twice per day, Retin-A to increase the exfoliation process, vitamin c 10% serum as another skin lightner, lasers like the pixel laser and the mini and deep melange peels are great treatments for melasma. I also recommend vitamin d and b to my patients since they often avoid the sun and are stressed.

In brief: Melasma

Melasma is usually hormonally related.
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Melasma treatment

Melasma can be very challenging to treat.
The goal is control. Combination therapy is the typical strategy. Peels, topicals and laser treatments may be used. Daily spf use cannot be overstated. Consult with a facial cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist that specializes in treatment of melasma and other pigment disorders.

In brief: Melasma treatment

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun