Are ear wax removal kits safe for me to remove impacted wax ? My doctor said my ears look fine, but I really want the wax out.

Dr. Jeffrey Levine

Ear wax removal kits are definitely safer than sticking q-tips or other objects in your ear in an attempt to remove ear wax.
However, if your doctor stated that your ears are free of wax, then using these kits may be unnecessary.

Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Manjeet Singh
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Cerumen

If you have been evaluated by a physician and they have performed an ear exam with an otoscope and didn't find anything concerning then there's no need to worry.
If there was something that needs to be disimpacted, your physician would have done it in his office.

In brief: Cerumen

Dr. Manjeet Singh
Dr. Manjeet Singh
Dr. Jack Hinkle