Hi there, i have 2 concerns. My doctor just perscribed Xanax (alprazolam) for anxiety however i have hallucinated from ativan before. Should i worry?

Dr. Evans Prieston
Pharmacology

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam) Hallucinations

Xanax (alprazolam) and Ativan are in the same chemical family (benzodiazepines).
I would check with the doctor who prescribed the Xanax (alprazolam) before taking any, or any more. Your hallucination event from Ativan should be in your medical record. If it is not, be sure it gets entered therein. If the doctor is already aware of this past event, then I would just follow his / her instructions.

Dr. Evans Prieston
Dr. Evans Prieston
Dr. Eric Weisman