I was told I have soft systolic murmur in aorta area and referred to heart cardiology. What's gonna happen next? Very nervous. BP 150/90, 35yrs

Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Don't be nervous

soft systolic murmur is a very vague description given to you by your doctor. It could be something absolutely benign.
If you're having symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath or other cardiac symptoms AND you have a murmur, then perhaps there's more reason for concern. I'm sure your cardiologist will give you a good explanation and hopefully nothing serious. Be well!

In brief: Don't be nervous

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology