I took azithromycin for chlamydia. I just got retested after five weeks. Did I wait long enough before getting retested or will it come back as pos?

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Cure

you should be cured.
Strong argument to have all or any sexual partner to use condoms.

In brief: Cure

you should be cured.
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Mary David

In brief: Long enough

Five weeks after treatment should be long enough for the test to be negative if the chlamydia is gone.
Beware that positive test could mean re-infection if every one involved was not also treated before you had intercourse again. Hopefully you tested negative for other STDs since having one increases the risk of others. Hope this helps and all is well. Use condoms to decrease the risk of STDs.

In brief: Long enough

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham