Hello doctor, i have a sharp feeling in my throat, it hurts alot to swallow, I have a sore throat also. Do i need an xray?

Dr. William Culviner
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No X-Ray

For a chronic sore throat, the most important thing is to have a detailed history and physical exam with an otolaryngologist.
This also will include a fiber-optic laryngoscopy to look down your throat and help determine the source of your problem. Imaging like x-rays are of little use. Sometimes a barium swallow or modified swallow study is helpful to further evaluate things.

In brief: No X-Ray

Dr. William Culviner
Dr. William Culviner
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Throat

Unless you know you swallowed a foreign body most likely not.
I would have your physician check your throat - you may have an infection.

In brief: Throat

Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine