Can a Baby Die From RSV ?What will Happen once my baby is hospitalized because she came up Positive RSV ?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: RSV common virus

Most babies who are hospitalized recover and return home in a few days.
Some infants who have had RSV may develop asthma symptoms, but the course depends on a number of factors including genetics and environmental exposures. She should not be around anyone who smokes, since even the smell of smoke on clothing can trigger a reaction A virtual consult appt can be arranged/ I hope she is home soon

In brief: RSV common virus

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh

In brief: Rarely

RSV is the common cold virus and is responsible for 60+% of the respiratory illness in season.
(all ages).Infants under 16lb/former premi's/ are more likely to be hospitalized and the more serious are under 10 lb. Most kids at all ages and sizes have few symptoms and recover well with supportive care.I never lost one in more than 3 decades of private practice.

In brief: Rarely