Why do I have heart palpitations?

Heart flutters. Heart palpitations could be caused by a physical or mental condition. You should get checked out by your local physician. If there is nothing wrong with your heart, you may be having panic attacks, for which there is effective treatment available. But first, don't take any chances with your heart. See a dr.
Not known. Most of the time we don't find a specific reason for the heart to be beating irregularly which I assume is the reason for your palpitations. Things such as an overactive thyroid, caffeine, anxiety, disease of the heart valves, and coronary artery disease are associated with an increased incidence of palpitations but once again most of the time we don't find a specific cause.