I have a tennis ball size haematoma on my left thigh. I slipped in jacuzzi and fell full weight on my thigh on an arm rest. I felt a 'hole' in muscle?

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: The blunt force-

-caused a tear/crush of the quad.
Treat as a tear. Immediately you can feel the defect, later blood & clot fill in the defect & you then get the lump. Later hematoma may gravitate 2 the knee. As long as the surrounding fascia is intact, U should not have a local black & blue area.Rx with ice compression elevation, then use controlled heat & wear a neoprene compression sleeve when up.alwaysB abotr

In brief: The blunt force-

-caused a tear/crush of the quad.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine